CD Drive not accepting discs.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iStriker, Nov 13, 2012.

1. iStriker macrumors newbie

iStriker

I have been trying to put a CD in my mac and the drive will not catch the CD and take it. I can push the CD all the way in the drive and pull it back out. Has anyone else had this problem and know if there is anything that I can do without going to Apple?

Thanks in advance

2. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Perhaps upgrade time?

Sometimes it is the disc - tried with all kinds of other discs??

But - yeah, looks like it is time to change it out for a RAID SSD or hybrid drive and go with an external optical drive my friend. Good luck !!

3. MacsBigBrother macrumors newbie

Same Issue, Issue with Other Reply

Mac has notoriously crapped out on their Optical drives... likely in anticipation of removing them (as they now have) in order to require more purchases through the App Store (so they can make the money, track your preferences, control your ad content... big brother stuff).

My 2012 last before retina optical drive does the same thing, as has every Mac, desktop or macbook I've purchased. Often it rejects the disk, randomly there is no issue. Try rebooting and putting it in while bootup is occurring... you know, before Apple sends the signal to make your life hell and spend money at the iTunes store.