CD/DVD Burning...Very Strange

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigcletus123, Nov 25, 2009.

1. bigcletus123 macrumors member

bigcletus123

Ok...I'm on an IMac (2007 White, 24"). Since SL was installed (unsure if that when it started) I cannot burn cd or dvd. Gives me errors, saying the media is unreadable. Ok, I says to myself, drive is toast. Tonight I boot into Windoze and decide to give it a shot. Works flawlessly!! Went back to OSX and still doesn't work.
    In summary: burns under XP, not OSX.

Can anyone "enlighten" me, what this is all about ?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"Since SL was installed (unsure if that when it started) I cannot burn cd or dvd. Gives me errors, saying the media is unreadable."

What _brand_ of media are you using?
    Have you tried one or more blanks of a _different_ brand than the one that is giving you failures?

All blank CDR's and DVDR's are not created equal. Indeed, the differences in quality can seem glaring.

I try to stick with Verbatim blanks - consistent quality and very very few bad burns (generally the failure is due to something else that _I_ did during the burn that disturbed the process).

I'd avoid "house brands" and "no-name" blanks. I also recommend that you avoid Memorex blanks.

I've also done OK with SONY, TDK, and Maxell blanks in the past. But again, these days I stick with Verbatim.

Watch newegg.com and amazon.com for good deals on Verbatim media.

- John

3. bigcletus123 thread starter macrumors member

bigcletus123

I use different types of brand-name media...the same media I used before.
    But it's really odd that it works under Windows and not the Mac side.