CD/DVD Drive Ejecting Problem and Warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by temoKay, Jul 28, 2011.

1. temoKay macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have some issue with my Mac Book Pro (i7 - quad core , 2.0) CD/DVDs are not ejecting for the drive , just get stucked in , whenever I press the eject button the drive apparently tries to eject the CD but doesn't succeed so it gets it back and reads it again, the laptop is still under warranty , I dropped it to one authorized service center , after diagnosing it they said the problem is not in the drive itself , its in the keyboard cover case it prevents the drive from ejecting the CD . so the problem is mechanical

then they identified a small dent in the down right corner of the body and said the computer has fallen , and thats the cause of the problem so they can't fix it as part of the warranty , therefore I should pay for the replacement of the keyboard cover.

I just want to know is this valid , taking into consideration that dent is very small (barely noticeable) and would that void the warranty ???

Any Advice on this ...

- Secondly : is there any recommended website I can order this part online , in case buying it is the only way , because its a bit expensive where I live

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Depending on how small it is, you can tell them that you didn't drop it and if they found some near-microscopic dent, then it must have come that way.

Also, if you're in the first 90 days of purchase, you can buy an extended warranty from Squaretrade and get their accidental coverage - that way even if you did drop it, it's still covered.

3. temoKay thread starter macrumors newbie

I have attached a photo of the laptop to show the dent/damage in the body , which is very small ...

Attached Files:

4. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

Did you drop it? or hit it?

Or had it already been like that, because if you were having issues with it from the start, id throw a huge fit! :mad:

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

That dent is definitely noticeable so the only way Apple will repair it under warranty is if you get a genius to make an exception.