CD/DVD drive not recognized

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alworcester, Mar 15, 2008.

1. alworcester macrumors newbie

So, yesterday I went to burn an audio cd in itunes. When I clicked burn I recieve a message that stated "Disc Burner or Software not found." I then went to About this mac in the toolbar and click "Disc Burning" and it states that there is no burning device found. Help would be appreciated, here are my specs
    Mac mini C2D 1.6Ghz
    2Gb Ram
    OSX 10.4.11
    I know its there(Combo CD burner/DVD reader drive.)

The other prob is that there is a disc stuck in the drive. I have tried all the various methods to eject the disc to no avail including rebooting and holding Cmd-Opt-O-F then typing eject cd but alas I "have no cd drive"

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

have you tried booting while holding the mouse/trackpada button? also try booting into safe mode by holding shift on startup.

3. dj loka macrumors newbie

this same exact thing happening to me!

tried booting in safe mode but the wheel just spins and spins...in my software profiler it says there's no cd burner but there IS...

it was the standard matsushida one that comes with my machine

i'm on mac imac g5 10.4.11

have been burning cds just fine up until i got the new itunes update...then poof.

can't find info anywhere that fixes it. i reinstalled earlier versions of itunes but that didnt help either...

tried disk repair but, it wont verify the permissions it says theres a problem with the volume header...

HELP! i'm a dj with a gig friday and i need to get my music on cd!

4. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

sorry to resurrect this topic, but i'm having a similar situation with the iMac 7,1. any solution?

5. macfanboy macrumors 6502a