CD/DVD Emulators

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brandoncw, Jul 13, 2009.

1. brandoncw macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Well, I'm looking for a simple, free CD/DVD emulator. I have many games, and keeping track of all the CDs is becoming a hassle (I know, I'm very disorganized :) ). I was wondering, is there any way that I can emulate these games/create a .dmg file (legally) so that I do not have to have the CD/DVD in the drive in order to play the game? I have already tried to make a disk image using Apple's Disk Utility, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you mount a .cdr or .iso disc image file on your Desktop, your Mac will treat it as a real disc.

3. a13x macrumors member

It doesn't trick most modern games...the only option that I know of is to mount it in Toast 10. It works fine for me. :D

4. brandoncw thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I tried the .cdr, and it did not work. I will try the .iso and post what happens.
    And I was afraid of that, A13x, with modern games not being easily tricked... but I'm too cheap to buy Toast. There isn't a demo is there? I searched for one, but didn't find it.

*EDIT* Using the .iso file did not work either. I just downloaded the trial version of Daemon tools for PC, and I am going to try to get it to work via Crossover.