CD/DVD will not eject

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kinai-ahi, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kinai-ahi macrumors newbie

I have a new MBP and when I try to eject a CD, it tries, but won't eject it. Is there any other way to get this disc out?? Ive tried several times and it doesn't pass the plane of the drive.

Thanks for any help

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try rebooting while holding down the left mouse button or the trackpad button. That'll help if it's a software issue, but it sounds like it may be a hardware/physical issue if it's trying to eject and is unable to do so. You may also want to try tipping the machine up and gently shaking it to see if you can dislodge it...obviously be very careful though.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Did you put in any size/shape of disc other than a 'standard' 12 cm round disc? If so, then you'll likely need to take the computer in for servicing.

If it's a standard size/shape disc, and you can hear it eject, but it doesn't come out the front, try a pair of needle-nose pliers (or tweezers,) to reach in and remove it. I would then try inserting a disc again, and ejecting it again. If it doesn't come out enough, then the optical drive is faulty, and needs to be repaired/replaced.

Generally, if something is going to go wrong with your computer, it goes wrong VERY early on. And that's a good thing. I'd rather have it go bad within the first month of ownership than a month after the warranty ends.