CD labeler recommendation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbsmithmac, Sep 11, 2011.

1. jbsmithmac macrumors regular

What is the best option for labeling cd's something like lightscribe? I have done the manual sick on labels but they present their own issues.

This would need to be able to produce pro quality cd's but not in mass amounts (small business).

I am guessing an external burner and some software but I am looking for recommendations.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

[​IMG]

Sorry I had to :eek:

But yes, external USB DVD-burner with Lightscribe is your best bet. I'm not really familiar with any compatible lightscribe optical disc drives that would fit inside the Macbook Pro but I'm sure they do exist.

3. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a nice external lightscribe drive with my Mac mini but I've yet to find some good programs. If you know of any please let me know as well. The drive I have was pretty cheap. Don't have it with me now but I'll try to post it later.

4. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Not free, but has good reviews: http://download.cnet.com/CD-DVD-Label-Maker/3000-2130_4-174300.html

5. jbsmithmac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. If you are using one that you like let me know what model/brand it is.

I would use it mostly for burning dvd's of images for my customers, but don't want to use the stick on labels.

6. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Hey, I'm using this drive with my Mac Mini and it's great:

http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_US/product/info.html?id=7C439ACDB9009ED518CDC88715991EE0

I'm not sure if it's available in the US but it's a Wyvo Tartan LightScribe. The internals is a Hitachi-LG drive. model number SAF-588S+.