CD not ejecting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dmope, Oct 10, 2011.

1. dmope macrumors newbie

So Dark Side of the Moon is stuck in my drive and isn't coming out, I put it in and it ejects itself once, then I do it again and it recognizes the disc but won't import the tracks.
    I try to eject again and for about 30 minutes it makes the ejecting noise but won't come out so I turn off computer and when I turn it back on it recognizes the disc and all the tracks import correctly.
    But now everytime I try to eject the disc, it tries to eject it as many times as it feels like before just opening the disc up again in itunes. Then I try to eject again and it sounds like its about to and then reopens in itunes! It seems never ending.
    I am getting a headache from it can anyone help as I've looked around and can't see anyone with a problem like this!

2. illidan155 macrumors member

restart the computer and hold down the mouse button it should force eject the disk

oh forgot you have to old the mouse click until the disc come out

3. dmope thread starter macrumors newbie

4. illidan155 macrumors member

open the terminal and type sudo drutil tray eject sudo may not be needed but just try with it

5. dmope thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that and no luck, thanks for your help though.

6. illidan155 macrumors member

i have see poeple putting out disk with a business card but the only bad point is that you could damage the disk

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Turn off iMac, tip on side, slide out disk with the aid of a pair of tweezers.

8. dmope thread starter macrumors newbie

How did they manage that?