cd protection won't go off

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dardares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. dardares macrumors newbie

After changing the imac mid2007 hard drive, the cd drive wouldn't eject the disk that was inside, the protection staying on as well. I read on a forum that using a credit card to force the protection would work, the cd could eject. After checking the drutil list in the terminal, I noticed the cd drive was not detected even tho physically everything is working. I can't boot on the cd either. After changing the cd drive I'm still experiencing the same problem. Any idea?

2. dardares thread starter macrumors newbie

Here thing have try to now:

-Reset SMC and PRAM
    -Try to boot on cd, the mac won't try and continue to OSX.
    -Go to disk utilitie, the cd wasn't here
    -Go to About this MAC, and more info, i can see the cd drive, but still not in finder or drutil.
    -Download OSX, try to reinstall it, but the mac ask to reboot, and boot up normally.
    -Fix disk permission or check for disk problem.

Whit the old one superdrive, the lock was clear and i can insert CD normaly, it's take cd, but never read(not detected), and can't eject cd whit other manner of use a credit card to force cd to eject.

Whit the new one superdrive, it's not recognized by OSX too, but i can use the eject button of keyboard, and the eject logo appear on screen and the superdrive react. What is not possible whit the old one. But, there no CD inside, and the lock was here, so i can't put CD on it.

For info, the iMac was an mid-2007, whit OSX 10.4, 20 inch model. The first Intel generation.

Thank you very much, i doesn't sleep anymore at night lol.