CD Rejection problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Amee, May 11, 2008.

1. Amee macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook that will be about 2 years old next august and it has not let me down once up until now. I don't know what happened but it suddenly started rejecting every type of disk it is given. Whether it be a CD, a DVD, CD-ROM, blank disk etc. It takes it in, I hear noise that suggests that it is trying to do something, then there's a few moments of Silence and after that it just spits it back out.
    Any Idea on the reason behind it?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I had the same problem with my PowerBook, and after several trips to the Genius Bar, it was determined to be a software problem. Only a complete Erase and Install of the system fixed the issue.

If you live near an Apple Store, you might want to have them take a look at it. They can boot your machine from one of their external drives and test to see if the drive still has problems.

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have the issue on my powerbook with certain DVD-R +R media. It just simply will not read them, this has been since i got the powerbook.

It also USED to read DVD-DL discs, for the first few months I had it, then I had a firmware update for the drive, and update to the OS and it will not read those anymore.

Seems like apple crippled me.