CD Ripper (to MP3) can anyone recommend one?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G8AMB, Aug 5, 2008.

1. G8AMB macrumors member

G8AMB

Hello

I have just switched, on my old XP machine I used to run an application called dBPoweramp. Which was great for ripping CDs and converting audio file format. It was also able to create the MP3 tags from online databases.

I use it with my car MP3 player.

Now I have switched to a macbook I have tried running this app under parallels but it is very slow (CD speed 0.1x!!).

I know I can use iTunes - but I prefer to keep my full audio library in this and just want something to do quick rips/conversions.

Can anyone recommend a mac app similar to dBPoweramp?

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

You can have iTunes rip the CD and then you can find the files in the Finder and copy it to your car MP3 player in the Finder.

3. G8AMB thread starter macrumors member

G8AMB

lazy?

thanks for the reply, I have done that - but it seems a bit of a bind compaired to just ripping to the SD card.

May be I am just getting lazy.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Try Max then.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I second this solution.

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

iTunes will do this. In Preferences you can select which format to burn CDs Audio or MP3. iTunes will also rip the CDs and look up the info in the on-line Gracenote database.

7. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

You don't even have to go through the finder really, you can drag tracks straight from any list in iTunes onto the desktop, or a volume (such as an SD card or another USB mass storage type MP3 player).

With iTunes set to automatically open, rip and get names you could theoretically insert a CD and have it on the MP3 player in about three clicks of the mouse.