CD-RW and Leopard in Finder....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by unity, Oct 16, 2007.

1. unity macrumors 6502a

I searched and tried to find this answer, but came up empty.

Does Leopard support CD-RW media they way it is suppose to be use? That is the ability to write multiple sessions.

Tiger, as far as I know, does not without third-party software or by using some fancy foot work in Disk Utility. This single "issue" has honestly been the reason three people I know did not get an Apple portable.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I believe it does.A dialog box will pop up asking you if you want to close out the disk.I think.

Don't quote me on it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

But I want to. :D

5. unity thread starter macrumors 6502a

If true, that would be nice indeed. I HATE to EVER compare Windows to OS X, but lets face it, Windows could do this for some time now. I do it every day for backups at work.

I mean its really stupid that one could not use a CD-RW or DVD-RW as intended.

I guess we will need some more input from a few more BETA users to confirm this for sure.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I burn CDRs a lot less than I used to, but the way Windows handles this is fairly straightforward.

7. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Yes, but every now and then, a CD I burn with default Windows utility does not get recognized on another Windows machine. I'd rather use a third part tool that works rather than risk it. Even on Windows I use "Nero" for burning.