CD Stuck in drive, HORRIBLE noises!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ChristinaMina, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ChristinaMina macrumors newbie

I managed to get a CD, possibly 2 if my niece stuck one in too, in my Macbook. I have no idea if there was one in there when I put my blank CD in but I know its possible to have 2 stuck in there, and with the problems I'm having I wouldn't be surprised.

My mac doesn't recognize that their is a CD in the drive, no icon, itunes doesn't recognize its there, nothing. I can hold down eject button and nothing happens. The only time I get a response is EVERY TIME I turn my computer on or awake it from sleep it tries to, at least this is what I assume its doing, to eject the CD. When it does this is makes the most horrible noise you've ever heard for about 10 seconds then stops. It's almost like a tune, different horrible notes being screeched from my poor computer. I have tried absolutely everything. The cardboard, the business card, pressing spacebar at start up, tilting it, every trick I have googled has not worked.

Any experts out there with new ideas? I would love to be able to turn my computer on without it screaming at me every time...and a functional CD drive would be a plus too. :eek:

Thanks so much!

2. alienapp macrumors member

Christina try restarting your Mac.

While your mac is starting up hold down the mouse button until the cd is ejected or at least until the Mac fully boots up.

3. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

this should be clarified. holding the mouse button will do nothing.

depressing the trackpad during startup should force eject a disk, if the machine is not clogged with two.

If there's two disks in the drive, it most likely will need to be brought into a certified mac repair center to have the disk and/or superdrive removed.

Normally, it will not allow you to easily stick a second disk into the superdrive.

4. acurafan macrumors 6502a

take it to apple, my macbook ate my dvd and they replaced it, got my dvd back.

5. RobMoss macrumors regular

Sounds like your drive is working perfectly - it's just playing the Amy Winehouse CD that your niece put in.