CD Stuck In My MacBook ... Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dj BW, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Dj BW macrumors regular

Howdy ....

This morning I put a CD in my MacBook to test if the disk was readable or not. Well, it's not readable ... the MacBook, not liking it, immediately decided to eject this disk. Unfortunately, the disk won't eject. The CD has a sticker label on it so I guess it's making the disk slightly too thick for the drive and won't come out. To make matters worse, since it's an unreadable CD the drive keeps trying to eject it every 30 seconds while I work. Not only is this driving me nuts but I probably will want to actually use my CD drive again someday.

Any advice on how to get this out?

I found this guy with the same exact problem online: http://www.blurt.info/technology/how-i-removed-a-cd-stuck-in-my-macbook-pro/
    His solution seems simple but I can't get my head around it. I think I've found the spring he talks about, but I can't really know for sure. Regardless, it doesn't work for me. Perhaps the knife and thin screwdriver I used aren't thin enough ...

Any insight or other solutions are more than welcome. I'd like to avoid taking this to the Mac Store as I know this weekend will be absolutely CRAZY there (IPhone mania).

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Restart and hold down the mouse button. The CD should eject. If not, call Apple.

3. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Sticking things into your drive is not a very safe idea. Having said that, when all the usual stuff failed, I did once jiggle the stubborn disk by pushing it around with another CD until the original finally popped out. I wouldn't recommend this as standard practice, though, and take it to Apple.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

see this MR guide.

if all else fails, call Apple or haul it into an Apple store.