CD won't automatically play

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GaZel, May 29, 2013.

1. GaZel macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have this music CD(not burned). I stick it in to my iMac(OS version 10.6.8). The CD appears on the desktop, I click on the CD, it shows its MP3 files, I can click on those files, they play just fine on iTunes(version 11.0.3). The problem is, the CD does not automatically play. I have to click on the CD, view its files to be able to play the music. I want it to automatically play when I insert it. Another thing, the CD use to play on this same computer, but today it stopped, it also does not play in the car stereo. It's like the CD is acting like a secondary storage device. I already verified my HD, repaired the permissions successfully. Any insight iFellows?

2. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

In System Preferences, set CD & DVD's option to open iTunes when a music CD is inserted. Then in iTunes Preferences, under General, select what to do when a music CD is inserted.

If a music CD suddenly stops playing in 2 players something is wrong with the CD most likely.

3. GaZel thread starter macrumors newbie

smokeyrabbit - Thanks for the suggestion.

After going through different options, your conclusion was correct. The CD is wrong.