CD won't eject

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ictrt, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ictrt macrumors newbie

I put in a disc that I thought was music, but it read that the disc wasn't supported. Now I can't figure out how to get it to eject. I tried the dvd control eject, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

2. treestar macrumors 6502

3. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

Restart you machine if the disk utility idea does not work and hold down the mouse buttons if its usb if its not use one for this. it should eject the disk

4. eghershey macrumors newbie

I've tried all the suggested ways and the only way I can eject a disc on those occasions that the norm doesn't work is to shut-down and unplug the Mac for 15 seconds and plug back in. Disc pops out automatically.

5. stevendphoto macrumors member

LOL, I have had a disc stuck in mine for a week, guess I'll try something here...

6. synicalx macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem with my old 2006 iMac, tried EVERYTHING and still had a disc in there. Ended up taking the not-recomended approach and yanking it out with long/thin tweezers. My ODD worked fine after this and nothing else got stuck, but still it was/is a bit risky - try at your own peril.

7. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I don't know why it worked, but Tech support had me boot up and hold down the button my mouse and it kicked out an OSX DVD that was stuck in there.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why wouldn't it work? That's one of the normal ways of ejecting a disc. See the first link I posted.

9. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

lol actually that is away for macs to eject disk. I had one in my mini that would not come out no matter what i did. So i took my mini apart and took the little screws off the top of the super drive and got the disk out. Then i cleaned everything and put a little tab of vasiline on the laser and ejector parts to help it and have not had troubles since.