CD won't pop out! [Leopard]

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BioCore, Dec 15, 2007.

1. BioCore macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

Ok so I installed Leopard [fresh install], and after I booted into Leopard everything seemed fine. So I went ahead and used my original MBP installation CD's to install iLife '08 again and when I was done I forgot to eject the CD. So after using Safari a bit I realized that and tried to eject CD.

When I did press the button, the MBP tried to as it seemed to me read the CD and then did not eject it as usually it does. Now the CD is stuck inside, the CD icon in Leopard is gone, and I can't get it out no matter how many times I try clicking the Eject button. Anyone know if I can do some force eject? Thanks for the help! (I just hope I did not break my CD, seeing as my mac is only 3 months old).

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

try restarting with the eject key held down. I think that is the way to manually eject it.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Actually, it's the mouse button, not the eject key. :)

To reiterate, try restarting the machine whilst holding the mouse button (or trackpad button) down. This should eject the disk.

4. BioCore thread starter macrumors regular

The weirdest thing just happened. I read your reply but I couldn't test it because I was updating the OS using Software update so I was waiting. While I was waiting I gave another try at the Eject button by holding it for about 10 seconds before letting it go! At that point the DVD player began spinning again and then after about a minute the CD popped out.

Thanks again for the advice though!

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

does the eject button do it on PPC macs? I thought I had used it before. :confused: