CDMA and GSM iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by isadworak, Apr 9, 2014.

1. isadworak macrumors newbie

Erm, well, dunno if this is the best place to ask but Cricket customer service blows donkey balls. Anyway, on to my situation:

I bought a used unlocked GSM iPhone 5c from amazon and I'm hoping to use it with Cricket. I went to a cricket store a few weeks ago and the guy there told me that cricket would be accepting GSM phones soon due to the ATT+Cricket merging/buyout. Another cricket representative told me that it doesn't matter because iPhones can support both GSM and CDMA networks no matter what.

So, what do you guys think? Will cricket accept my GSM(unlocked) iPhone 5 or will I have to try going to ATT/T-mobile/etc? Anything I wasn't clear about? I really need some help and dropped a lot of money on that phone.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You bought a gsm phone so you need to use it on a gsm carrier.
    Simple.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Check out AIO wireless. They're probably going to absorb Cricket anyway.

4. patt2k macrumors regular

lol he is asking about cricket which is merging with AIO.
    so if he would buy a AIO sim card sooner or later he will be on cricket.

Simple.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know what cricket is doing or when they're merging and what tech they will be using and how.
    Just letting him know that an unlocked GSM iphone can only be used on GSM carriers. It wont work with CDMA tech.
    Simple.