cdn.eyewonder.com -- what is this? Adobe Flash warning?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by onthecouchagain, Jul 28, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Every few moments (like maybe 20 minute intervals, or sometimes randomly) while on Chrome, a pop up will occur saying this:

Adobe® Flash® Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. The following local application on your computer or network:

/about/blank

is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:

cdn.eyewonder.com

To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.
    You must restart this application after changing your settings.

I just click OKAY. Does anyone know what this is? And more importantly, how I can get rid of it? It keeps popping up... =T

Google didn't really help.

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

It's basically the site that the adds on whatever page your viewing are downloading from. I would block it if I saw that message but I'm guessing on a Mac your fine either way

quote:
    EyeWonder, a Limelight Networks business, provides interactive digital advertising technology and services that increase the value of inventory for publishers and improve the performance of advertisers’ interactive ad campaigns. EyeWonder’s leading technology platform, full-service account teams, and global office network combine to enhance the creation, delivery, measurement, analysis and optimization of interactive ad campaigns for online, mobile, and connected devices. For more information, please visit hxxp://www.eyewonder.com or follow us on Twitter at hxxp://www.twitter.com/_ew

and this
    http://www.adexchanger.com/creative...eeded-for-video-ads-via-ad-exchange-platform/

3. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I see, thanks for the response.

Is there anyway to stop it from popping up?