CEC volume control issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by satinsilverem2, Nov 12, 2015.

1. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

So I've been using my new Apple TV for the past couple of days and haven't had any issues until now. I got around to setting up the HDMI CEC to control my AVR and TV and it works great except for one flaw. the volume control works great for the first hour or so then randomly ill go to change the volume using the remote and it will shoot up to max and when ever I turn it back down it starts to slowly turn it self up again by it self. the only way I can get it to stop is to unplug the Apple TV and restart. When using the IR volume control it works fine. This is only happening when using HDMI control. I really like this feature and hate to not be able to use it. Has anyone else had this issue or is this a known bug with TVos?

2. bheathain macrumors member

My experience isn't quite as extreme as yours, but HDMI volume control is definitely spotty for me as well. Sometimes, volume changes really fast, and other times it's very slow or unresponsive for a few seconds. I went ahead and set it up as IR volume control, which works fine for me.