Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
I was really excited for the new cydia app celeste cause i was on 4.0 which ibluenova did not support but hten i saw celeste was only for 4.2 and up. do you think I should upgrade to 4.2.1 (i have a 2g so it wouldnt be 4.3) or is celeste either buggy and doesn't work well or Its not worth it. also i've heard reports that updating to 4.2.1 loses your music.

slypty

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
Celeste

I just upgraded to 4.2.1 primarily to purchase Celeste...

After purchasing, I didn't get an app screen, I can't find an option to toggle it on/off in SBSettings anywhere, and when I go to my songs there's no option anywhere to send via Bluetooth.

I'm not sure if it's actually installed, but Cydia says it is. It could just be filled with bugs and not grooved out yet. It would be informative to give some type of instructions on how to use it after downloading, there's little info on the net and I'm completely stuck even just figuring out if it's installed and integrated in to my app's yet or not.

My advice would just be to wait to upgrade until there's a good release out for it. I wouldn't waste your time right now, I was looking forward to its features but haven't found a hint of them anywhere yet.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
I just upgraded to 4.2.1 primarily to purchase Celeste...

After purchasing, I didn't get an app screen, I can't find an option to toggle it on/off in SBSettings anywhere, and when I go to my songs there's no option anywhere to send via Bluetooth.

I'm not sure if it's actually installed, but Cydia says it is. It could just be filled with bugs and not grooved out yet. It would be informative to give some type of instructions on how to use it after downloading, there's little info on the net and I'm completely stuck even just figuring out if it's installed and integrated in to my app's yet or not.

My advice would just be to wait to upgrade until there's a good release out for it. I wouldn't waste your time right now, I was looking forward to its features but haven't found a hint of them anywhere yet.

hmmm that sucks well thanks fof the info i think ill hold off for now till theres a stable version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.