Cell and Personal WiFi problems

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by NedFlanders, Sep 29, 2012.

1. NedFlanders macrumors member

NedFlanders

Ever since upgrading to iSO 6 I have had two issues.

1) twice in the last week I have looked down at my phone early in the morning (once at the office and once while stopped for breakfast) only to see my phone had no service and the battery had lost a ridiculous amount of power. I live in a major Canadian metropolitan centre with little to no issues in the past in these areas. After a power down and restart the issue corrected itself.

2) almost daily I can not get the personal hotspot to work without a reboot. My devices can connect to the iPhone 4 but can not find any sites. I assume its a DNS issue.

I had originally updated OTA but due to the problems did a backup, restore and a sync, but no joy!

I contemplated sliding back to 5.1.1, but I waited to long and from what I see Apple has take that option away.

Any one having the same problems or am I alone?

My iPhone 5 should be here in a few days but I am giving the 4 to my wife.

2. rolling green macrumors newbie

same issue here. I go back and forth from office to home environment and I must reboot my phone (iphone 5) every time to get internet. I can connect to each wifi network but cannot load pages until I reboot. This only happens if I switch wifi networks and doesn't happen if I leave the house and come back to the same network. Anyone else? Is this an iOS issue or iphone 5 issue?