Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I mother in law has a Verizon home phone and there is an issue the wiring from the outside pole.

With Verizon on strike they said they couldn't have someone come for 2 weeks or so.

We talked her into getting a cell phone but she doesn't want any options other then to make calls.

What are the cheapest options?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I mother in law has a Verizon home phone and there is an issue the wiring from the outside pole.

With Verizon on strike they said they couldn't have someone come for 2 weeks or so.

We talked her into getting a cell phone but she doesn't want any options other then to make calls.

What are the cheapest options?
The Moto X would be a good choice. Then you can have the home screen just have something like a weather widget with the date. Then all she has to do is tap the phone icon to make calls and she has the weather and date right in front of her.
I did this for my 80 year old mother. She loves it. :)

Reactions: maxsix

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Verizon Moto E Prepaid phone is sub $50 and the best value there is IMO

It is available on other carriers too, (not sure if verizon prepaid work on verizon postpaid though)

Surf Donkey

Suspended
May 12, 2015
My parents and inlaws seem to like the cheap nokia windows phones like the 520. Seem pretty easy to use for those not familiar. Big icons and fonts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.