Cell phone/iPhone questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Dec 7, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Well, to start off im 14 years old. I had an iphone, but lack of service in my area forced me to sell, termination fee free.

I just typed in my ZIP in the ATT coverage map, and we are under the coverage map under the "sharring other providers towers" zone. so, now that i am in the service map, should i buy??

If not, what phone should i buy?? i currently have a kyocera prepaid wild_card phone, but its horrible menu access, 1.0 MP camera, and a keyboard that isnt even the best to type on. i got this for somthing that will suffice until finding a new phone, so not that big of a deal anyway.

I would like a phone with a great camera (WITH BLUETOOTH OR SOME WAY TO GET THEM ON MY COMPUTER!!), even better keyboard, and if im not asking too much a touch screen.

My question. Should i risk getting an iphone in this area? could i get massive roaming fees? what other types of phones do you recommend in the <$400 zone?

EDIT: some more info.
    I also would like a bill under 50 per month. not possible with the iphone, but i would like it.
    i would also have to sell my guitar to get this, something i DONT USE. so getting up to 750 for that would def. make this possible.

2. mets1125 macrumors regular

Have you considered a touch? That my be your best option and just get a regular phone. Your bill with the iphone will be at least $70 a month (with taxes).