Cell Phone Ringtones

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ag3nt47, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ag3nt47 macrumors member

ag3nt47

Just wondering what all you fellow Mac users use for ringtones on your phone(s). I change mine every couple of weeks, but right now mine is set to "Narcissistic Cannibal" from KoRn / Skrillex. Just curious if any one else has a specific song that they find makes a great ringtone.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use The Imperial March on my iPhone. It has been that for a long time. When I hear that, I know it is my phone.

3. BigEyd macrumors newbie

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I had a been using a clip of "Beyond the Minds of Eye" since like 2005ish-2006ish as my ring tone until this year. I did go threw the phase in 2005ish-2006ish were I flipped between a few but end up "Beyond the Minds of Eyes"
    This summer I changed over to part of "I am the Doctor" from Doctor Who Dr Who series 5-6. I spent a better part of an hour with garage band getting it set up exactly how I wanted it.
    I do not really change my ringtone that often. I find something I like and stick with it. I just want it to be something different than everyone else.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. When someone else's phone rings, I don't want to be checking to see if it was me.

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

The theme from Buffy, by Nerf Herder, since 2001

7. Heebeejeebies macrumors regular

The intro to House of the Rising Sun by The Animals...

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Oh Canada, mainly because it's already in the phone.

I would like Zadok the Priest (HWV 258) by George Frideric Handel, but this old POS cell-phone doesn't do ring-tone down-loads.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

The musical intro to "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve. Great music. I didn't want a ringtone with a "voice" in it.

10. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Zadok The Priest is one of my favorite works by Händel. Such good music.

I personally use classical music as my ringtones, usually the key motif or theme of a certain song. Right now, it is the motif from Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, Movement I: "Eroica"

11. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

the original iphone ringtone, on my samsung galaxy s2 :D

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Marimba..... call me extremely boring. I never bothered to change the default wallpaper from the water drops either.

(I also never bothered to change the default Mac OS X Lion wallpaper on the Mac).

Some people think that makes me technology inept, but at least I can set the date and time right on all my devices that support showing the date and time, such as my printer, or my digital camera.

13. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

14. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I create ringtones out of sound clips from the movies I edit. It's always amusing to see someone's face when they hear their own voice coming out of my phone. What's cool is that they sound so nice since they're captured with professional mics, and pretty much *nobody* has the same ringtone, unless I gave it to them. :)

For a long time, I had part of Christian Bale's rant about trashing lights. (Although I wasn't on that set, nor did I work on that film.)

15. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

Currently it's
    "This is the House That Doubt Built" by A Day to Remember"

But depending on my mood, it also might be "Still Getting It" by the Foreign Beggars.

16. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Rhapsody in Blue, George Gershwin. Better know as the United Airlines tune.

I use the little piano bit later on in the piece. But normally, it is on silent as I don't like the phone disturbing others at work.

17. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

That's why I use talking ringtones ("Mister Todd, your phone is ringing... Your wife is calling") for example. I missed talking Caller ID on my Nokia... so I made an app for that!

18. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

My phone just rings. No songs. Since I have two ears, and thus directional hearing, I don't need a stupid song to tell me if the phone that's ringing is mine or not.

19. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

some people like a little variety in their lives ... I've been hearing your phone ring for over 40 years now.

when mine rings ... I like a little "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones

20. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

"In The Meantime" by Space Hog. This has been my ringtone for at least five or six years now, across three different phones.