Cell Plan help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfanjoe, Jun 8, 2016.

1. macfanjoe macrumors member

I haven't purchased a new iPhone in about 2 years. And that was when you paid the standard $3-400 and are locked in for 2 years. I am with AT&T.

My big question: if I purchase my next iPhone outright, or do something like a plan with Apple where I pay around $40/month to get a new phone annually - how does that affect my AT&T monthly bill? I assume it would go down? How does AT&T Next fit into this???

I can't find this info in an easily digestible format online? Can you point to an easy to understand purchase/plan guide that currently exists?

Thanks! Joe

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Firstly, know that the 2-year subsidized price is no longer an option for you. You now only have 2 options:
    1. Pay for the phone outright and up front.
    2. Add $30-$40 to your phone bill every month (essentially interest-free financing through ATT). There are several different versions of this depending on how often you desire upgrading your device.

Those are your only choices.

3. macfanjoe thread starter macrumors member

So basically, the monthly amount you pay to AT&T does not decrease, even if you pay for the phone outright? I thought we were "paying" for the phone monthly in the previous subsidized price model?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you are on a current share plan then there's a discount for that as AT&T likely describes its details on its website somewhere.

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

OP should be asking AT&T what are the available options and plans.

Asking the community here means little.

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I believe you need to be on their newer plans, which do offer a discount if you pay monthly for the phone.