Cell reception in Kansas(Topeka)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edge27, Jul 27, 2010.

1. edge27 macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask the question, but I will be moving from Phoenix to Topeka, KS.
    Currently on Verizon using an Incredible, and i really love it, but the iPhone is luring me in day by day. So whats the word on ATT coverage in that area? If it is poor then that is obviously a deal breaker, but Verizon's rude/poor customer service is getting me very close to cancelling! Thanks for your help

2. edge27 thread starter macrumors newbie

PS, I know they have "coverage maps" on their website. I just dont necessarily trust a company's word on their own service.

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

You could always just go ahead and order an iPhone. You have 30 days to evaluate the iPhone as well as AT&T's service in your area. If it doesn't work well for you, just take it back. That's what I would do. You won't truly know if it's going to work well for you unless you give it a spin yourself.

4. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I live in Kansas City and have pretty good reception with ATT. I was a long time customer of sprint and had issues with them. Pretty sad when the HQ is based here.

5. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Don't know how reliable this is, but according to the coverage map, it seems to covered alright.

6. showtimemh macrumors newbie

I live in Topeka, and I've never have any problems and I always have 3G coverage. Now if you start traveling west there are some definite dead areas along I-70 where I will drop a call more often than not if I drive through. Annoying, but as soon as I drive one miler farther I have full service again. But in Topeka itself I have always been very happy with AT&T.

7. edge27 thread starter macrumors newbie

showtimemh...mike hill???
    Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!