Cell Service Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by musqayan, Jun 6, 2018.

1. musqayan macrumors newbie

Anybody having cell service issues? Random slow connection? My phone shows 3 bars of LTE but doesn't load. Only noticed it once hitting the beta, not sure if it was just poor timing.

2. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

Yes I’ve noticed the same. Had to restart to fix.

3. cpenner macrumors regular

I have to restart my iPhone basically every time I change from Wifi to LTE, otherwise virtually all cell service stops. No calls, no texts, no data. Hopefully this is addressed in the next beta

4. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

How did you instal?

5. bopajuice, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

My 6 plus, 7 plus, and 8 plus had cell issues. Took them to Apple. They replaced all three.

6. dypeterc macrumors regular

I get this as well as very slow GPS acquisition

7. cpenner macrumors regular

OTA

8. Diamond Dog macrumors member

Diamond Dog

Was having this problem here as well. I installed as a fresh install (popped iPhone into restore mode, restored via iTunes to 12.0, set up as new iPhone).

A "Reset Network Settings" (Settings > General > Reset) seems to have cleared this up for me. Been good for the past week or so.

9. cpenner macrumors regular

I'm going to give beta 2 a shot before I Reset Network Settings, but thanks for the tip!

10. cpenner macrumors regular

Alright, so I was still having issues switching from WiFi to LTE on Beta 2. All internet died completely on LTE until I reset my iPhone, along with the ability to send and receive all green bubble texts and phone calls. Toggling Airplane Mode didn’t help. I needed a reset.

I just Reset Network Settings as well as Reset Location and Privacy, so we’ll see how it goes when I leave the WiFi again.