Cellairis Shell Shock G Class Screen Protector (Tempered glass similar to glast)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rjbeh, Jun 17, 2012.

1. rjbeh macrumors regular

2. docprego macrumors 65816

Very interesting. I didn't see any specific info on their site so I have a few questions if anyone knows:

1. Does the adhesive secure the transparent section over the screen? Or is it just in the periphery behind the colored areas like a Moshi iVisor?

2. What if you get some dust or other debris behind it when installing. Can it be easily removed and reapplied once the dust or debris has been eliminated?

3. Does this have an oleophobic coating?

3. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

beats me, but from what the video review shows it does allow you to realign it if you do miss align

4. FearlessNick macrumors newbie

I defiantly will be buying this next paycheck. I'm going to do the front and back. I love my phone so much. I will spend money any time. This thing is my life.

It seems real legit. I have done a lot of work with glass and I think this is one hell of a screen protector.

5. docprego macrumors 65816

I saw this in person at a mall kiosk yesterday, looked very nice. The salesperson said I could have it for the sale price of $80, normally $119. What a bargain!

6. docprego macrumors 65816

From my limited Spanish I think he was unhappy with the product. But come on! He installed it on top of another front skin and then was mad that the screen didn't respond! Then he pulls it off roughly and it cracks and was mad about that too! This tells us nothing about the product at all.

7. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Yup, I speak Spanish as well and that's basically what I gathered as well. Also the fact that he's an absolute idiot. Clearly common sense eludes him.

Let's put a screen protector on a screen protector, herp. Brilliant comrade.

8. G-TEC macrumors newbie

Check this video out, the Cellairis guy installs the screen protector on an iphone and then gives it 3 hard smacks with a stapler!! No damage!
    Seems legit.

Just wondering about the adhesive used on it as theres no info on their web site and not many online reviews on the product, and also over time how it will stick to the iphone. It looks like alot of people are experiencing problems with their SGP glas-t screen protectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeQySLSXpiY&feature=related

9. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

$80? Is the for the iPad version?

----------

I just ordered mine yesterday and i will post my review up when it arrives :D

10. docprego macrumors 65816

This was for the iPhone version. I know it sells for $39 from their site so I was being sarcastic about it being a bargain.

11. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

as promised, here is my review.

the packaging came exactly like what is shown in the video above.

installation:

Waaaaaaaaaaaayyy easier compared to the all hyped up spigen's glas't. Got this fully installed on my iphone for less than 3 seconds. no dust, no bubbling, no corner bubblings. Easy. If you guys bought the moshi's ivisor ag before its more or less the same.

here are some pictures of it.

overall i highly recommend this product. :D

Attached Files:

12. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Cool! just ordered two. one white, to change my black iphone and one pink for my gf's. i freaking hate screen protectors so im excited to try this out.

13. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

I'm usually not a big fan of expensive screen protectors, cause I just don't see the value proposition in those. The only point of a screen protector is so the protector will get scratched instead of the phone, in which case you just replace it and its not going to hurt your wallet cause the protector was cheap.

But this one actually looks pretty good!

14. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Did a google search for this product and this was the first site that came up. I have read these posts here and a few seem to like it. I was wondering if the extra $10 is worth it simply for the color. I do have a glasT on on of my phones and have had pretty good results. So basically that's my question. Is the extra money paid worth the color? Thanks a lot.

15. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

I would definitely say its a good deal, yes 39.99 seems pretty expensive, but its worth it. IMHO i think its a lot more easier to install than spigen's glas't

16. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm not really sweating the price just figured $10 is $10 you know. I will go ahead and pick one up today and check it out. Thanks again!

17. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

I like it! Guessing it won't work with my Graft or Vapor comp tho

18. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Man, i have waster $40 easily on screen protectors. i want the damn thing for ease of assembly :)

19. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

works fine on vapor comp, but not sure about graft tho

----------

You're welcome :D

----------

yup, it is pretty easy to install

20. docprego macrumors 65816

Questions repeated from my post above, hope you know the answers to these:

1. Does the adhesive secure the transparent section over the screen? Or is it just in the periphery behind the colored areas like a Moshi iVisor as you mentioned?

2. What if you get some dust or other debris behind it when installing. Can it be easily removed and reapplied once the dust or debris has been eliminated?

3. Does this have an oleophobic coating?

Also I watched a Youtube review where the person installing it said that it completely killed the touch sensitivity of his screen when using a stylus. I wasn't sure if it affected finger sensitivity too. What is your take on this?

21. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I believe it killed his touch because he put it over another screen protector. At least that's what another person above us said.

22. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

1. the adhesive are similar like the Moshi iVisor
    2. i'm not really sure about this as i didn't get any dust stuck under the screen while i'm installing. (i used a dust spray remover before installation)
    3. not that i am aware of , but it does get quite an amount of fingerprint, however i can live with that cause i carry a microfiber cloth with me around.

as for the stylus... it still works fine for me but sometimes its not that sensitive. not as bad as it completely kills the sensitivity. (i'm using sgp's kuel h10)

hope these answers your question. :D

23. Balibalistic macrumors regular

Just got mine. from what i immediately noticed, the screen sensitivity is slightly reduced, which is a minor annoyance.my phone will not fit my casemate pop case now, but fits fine in my seidio active x. over all, it is a bad ass screen shield for sure.

24. lincolnmayer macrumors member

Wow if it really is 80$... I can purchase one through Amazon that does the same thing for about 20.