Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
In the 10 years I've been using Apple products, I've never once had a battery fail me, and certainly not within the first year. If I could save $80 every time I bought a new iPad, but lost out on the warranty and had to pay to get my battery replaced if and when that happens, I'd save a load of money.

Agreed, I've never even seen an iPad fail within the first year, without any physical damage. If you go for this deal, just inspect everything careful, if it looks good, very small chance something will go wrong suddenly down the line.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Like I said it's a risk. No one isn't saying dont bother; just understand the risk of it.

Many devices don't fail in a year; but they also aren't refurbs and also aren't refurbished by who knows who with who knows what parts too.

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Do keep in mind quite a few of these ipad air's are still under warranty for a few months if not longer. Further they give you a 30 day free return policy too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.