"Cellular Data Network" Disappeared

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Longey Nowze, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Longey Nowze macrumors regular

My mother and sister both have iPhone 4s, and after updating to the latest iOS v. 4.2.1 the option to edit the cellular data network settings has disappeared, it used to be under Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network, there you would find fields for things like APN, user name, passwords and MMS settings. is there a way to get this back?

They both have a factory unlocked phone, they are not jailbraked and I would rather not jailbrake them.

My mother uses a PC running vista and my sister uses an iMac with snow leopard.

Thank you
    MaT

2. xela24678 macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 doesn't have it either and mines isn't factory unlocked.

3. Longey Nowze thread starter macrumors regular

Their phones used to have it and after the update it disappeared. My iPhone 3G running iOS 3 has it.

4. xela24678 macrumors regular

I really don't know what to tell you. I didn't really pay attention to those settings when i had ios 4.1. What is it used for anyways?

5. xela24678 macrumors regular

I just did a quick google search and I found that you can bring them back by jailbreaking. But that can't be done yet with 4.2

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you using an Apple-sanctioned carrier? I believe that the options will reappear if you put an "unsupported" SIM in.

7. Longey Nowze thread starter macrumors regular

Well, our carrier has had a banner on their website saying that the iPhone 4 is coming soon this has been going on for about at least 3-4 months, I like the options of the settings being there, if it means my carrier is close to actually getting the iPhone then I guess I can try and live without it, but I'd like to have it there.

I did some googling myself and I found a youtube video showing how to get it back but it was on windows, I'd like to find a away to do it on mac.

here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plY7Q9oGkE