Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zebra18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Okay has anyone else been experiencing problems with their cellular data network on T-Mobile this past week?!

I have the Legacy tool downloaded from Cydia so I have the internet2.voicestream.com..and lately it just seems like the data network will be down for an hour and then come back up.
Its the first time it has ever happened to me..and usually it will do it after a long phone conversation..or like today just random. I usually will just reboot my phone and tada its back..but today I rebooted like 5 times and I just had to wait it out.

Its not big deal cause it works now..I just wanted to know is it a iPhone problem or a T-Mobile service problem.
btw I have the 9.99 data plan on T-mobile and yes you can use it and it works all the time with the exception of the on and off this week.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
a little OT but since you're on the same boat I'm looking to be in, I was hoping you wouldn't mind me asking.

I'm trying to buy an iPhone for my mom to use on t-mobile. I think it'd be pretty easy for her to use simple apps and it will get her using the web more.

Also, I'm on t-mobile and would like to stay with t-mobile.

I was wondering what kind of an iPhone you were using on T-mobile. Seems from another thread $250 is a decent price to find an iPhone 3G. But the phone being discussed is a jailbroken one. What if I was to do the jailbreak myself (assuming it's doable). could I save some money and find a non-jailbroken iPhone.

Would there be a benefit in trying to find an iPhone 3GS? Again, there is only so much she'll be doing with her iPhone. I'd like to make it as easy to hack since I won't be using it myself, I don't want her to be dealing with too many issues. And she'll only be using the web to a limited degree. This is why I want to get away with a cheaper t-zones plan (assuming it's still offered for $6.99). Seems that's what you're using for $9.99

Traxxer

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
I also have a 3G with the $9.99 plan. I haven't encountered the network being completely down but I have seen it slow down to a crawl. Think that lasted for about 2 hours before it went back to normal.

DEE9299

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
Boston Mass.
the only thing i have noticed is my apn setting ineternet2.voicestream.com changes to internet3.voicestream.com for no reason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.