Carrier Cellular ipad account question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jatt123, Oct 20, 2013.

1. jatt123 macrumors member

Hello Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone experienced this. So I'm planning on buying the new iPad cellular version for AT&T. I will just add it to my mobileshare plan. But I wanted to know, can I open a line on the account buy a iPhone with the new line and then later change it to the iPad plan for 10 bucks? It doesn't matter to me about the 2 year contract. I see AT&T has 100 dollars off the retail price for the ipad if I get a 2 year contract? But wouldn't make sense of buying a iPhone and selling it off? I was going to buy my iPad from best buy anyway since I have reward zone points stacked up. So that 100 off wouldn't benefit me. Has anyone did this in the past?

2. icydog macrumors member

WHY? Would you do that? Just get an ATT iPad with cellular and hook it up to a new phone number supplied by ATT.

3. jatt123 thread starter macrumors member

I wanted to get the iPhone 5S so I can sell it to recoup some of the cost of the iPad. I did some research and i found it can be done. Once I buy the iPhone, I can convert the line into a iPad data only line for 10 bucks! :D