iPad mini Cellular iPad Mini or New Retina WiFi Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pooleman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Hello All,

I have an iPad mini that I enjoy very much. It is a 16 gig celular model that I used to tether when my iPhone was jailbroken. For those who have the new retina model is it worth it to upgrade or would you keep this model? I do not keep a data plan on it and as soon as an iOS 7 jailbreak is available I will be tethering it again. IS the performance upgrade realy noticable or is it just needed to run the more advanced screen?

I want to upgrade but really do nt want to spend over $530 when my current mini is running great.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I could answer:
    (1) Yes of course it's worth it.
    or (2) No, it's a waste of money.​

How will you know which answer applies to your circumstances? :cool:

Point is you'll get more meaningful input if you tell people a bit about what you use the thing for and what specific features you think might make it worth upgrading.

I'd highly recommend getting yourself to an Apple store and trying out a mini1 and rMini side by side.

3. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I had an iPad 3 with cellular but very rarely used the cellular, so I just decided to go WiFi on the new one. If I have to I can always use my phone as a hotspot.

4. rojct20 macrumors member

Mini r

I have a hot spot on all of my devices!

5. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I mostly use my iPad at home but had hopes of integrating it into my car to use as the head unit. That's why I first got the cellular version so that I would have the GPS. But mounting it proved impossible (due to time) and the need kind of just disitegrated. The more I think about it the more I feel I should just keep my current model iPad Mini. I have a tendency to covet all the new Apple stuff when it comes out, wether or not i truly need it.