Cellular Network down after JB, advice?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by digitalduck, Aug 3, 2010.

1. digitalduck macrumors regular

I searched and found one thread about topic... someone said mobilesubstrate and someone else said to install something from a seperate source..

Hey guys, the initial JB worked great, still had FT still had MMS, after instlaling the usual:

sbsettings
    ifile
    download manager

now today my cellular network is off when I try and make a call. I have to restarat and it comes back on, then after the call is dropped it is off again.

Any ideas what I might be missing it? Thanks in advance

2. neotope macrumors regular

The problem is most likely SBSettings. I have not installed it yet but from what I have read a lot of people are having network trouble with that program installed and uninstalling it seems to resolve it. I have decided to hold off on installing it until the issues are resolved.

3. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you Neo.. since that includes mobilesub youre right, that may be the issue...

Thanks for the quick response.

4. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I had an issue after installing either 3G Unrestrictor/MobileSubstrate or Notified/MobileSubstrate. My iPhone wouldn't connect to AT&T at all, I had zero bars.

To fix the issue I went to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings

Restarted my iPhone and I was good to go again.

NOTE: You'll have to re-enter any saved Wifi passwords after doing this.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Reset network setting should do it

6. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

So I reset my settings, thigns worked fine until earlier this morning. I received a call, talked and then when I got to wokr looked at my phone and was at onebar again. Then checked and my cellular was turned off again....any ideas?

Thank you

7. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Guys turned o my phone this mornign and celluar data was off again and i had the half bar reception going on...any ideas why this keeps happening?

8. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

I'm having a similar issue only I get the error "NO SIM"...so I go to settings switch to airplane mode, switch back and then it goes back to normal. I have lock info, mywi, my3g installed and thats it.

9. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

try doing a restore, and do it as a new phone. that shouldn't be happening.
    if you restore with a backup, it may sync over a configuration that causes the reception to die suddenly.