"Cellular network not able to activate" is at&t down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alecapple, Aug 15, 2009.

1. alecapple macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2008
    Whenever my 2g phone leaves my wifi connection a message pops up saying, "cellular network not able to activate" does anyone know what is going on? i live in southwest michigan if that helps. is anyone else experiencing such problems?
  2. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Sep 15, 2008
    Yeah their whole EDGE network is going down I think, there's reports coming in.
  3. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    I don't live in your area, but I do have family in SW Michigan and everytime I'm there the coverage is kind of spotty. This would be near Bridgman. So, maybe they're just having cell tower problems. AT&T is working here on the east coast though.
  4. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Sep 15, 2008
    None of the iPhones at my local Apple store were getting service today.
  5. OneMike macrumors 603

Oct 19, 2005
    not in michigan but I did get that error before. like said probably an outage or spotty service where you are at. I think I was on move at time and just put in airplane mode and back on and it worked.
  6. daihard macrumors 6502a

Feb 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I'm not sure if this is related, but I just tried to pay my AT&T Wireless bill online and kept getting an error message saying the transaction could not be processed. I tried two different credit cards as well as my chequing account, to no avail. I finally called them and found out that their system was down. The error messages on the Web site never indicated the problem was on their side. :(
  7. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2009
    In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I"m "up north" right now (location: left hand, middle finger, second knuckle.. :D ) and the edge network is nata, bupkiss... can't dowload/upload anything... it's been pretty bad/nata since i got up here a couple days ago....
  8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Jan 17, 2009
    Surfers Paradise
    With no sarcasm intended at all ... If this is the first time you have received this alert, you are blessed my friend.
  9. labman macrumors 604

Jun 9, 2009
    Mich near Detroit
    east side of Mi is fine

I know I remember another thread about a month ago where they were having problems on that side. hopefully it will get fixed soon for you. to make it worse already looks like a another bad Lions year. :rolleyes: