Cellular One iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 08mxkfx, Jul 28, 2008.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

I am a proud owner of a brand new white iPhone 3G. After i restored it to all my old setting from my original iPhone my 3G started displaying cellular one where AT&T would be. I have made phone calls, turned my phone off and back on and still says cellular one... Oh well, i think im going to sell my iPhone 2G but i was wondering what can i get for it? Its like new with only minor scratches and has all the original stuff that came in the box. Would i make more if i unlocked it? Cause im thinking about doing that since now im not afraid of bricking my only phone. Here is the snapshot from my phone-
    [​IMG]

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

AT&T owns cellular one, probably just hasn't or doesn't plan to rebrand the operator logo yet.

3. profetto macrumors regular

You'll probably be able to get anywhere from 300-600 for your old iPhone. I've heard cases of people getting 800 and so.

I would suggest jailbreaking it, better for marketing I would imagine.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah I was just gunna say, I didn't think Cellular One existed anymore!

EDIT: Apparently it does... http://cellularoneonline.com/

5. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

wow, Cellular One was my first carrier, way back when cell phones were comparable to cordless house phones. Had no idea they were even around anymore

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

7. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

nope I live in the red area though. I live in ny. But I just noticed that my phone leaks light around the chrome part on the left side. Think if I go to apple they will fix it or give me a new one?

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Actually, back in '95 or so I was a national trainer for CellStar. We had retail stores all over the nation and I often interfaced w/ CellularONE. Back then CellularONE wasn't really a carrier; they were a loosely associated group of independant carriers that used the CellularONE branding as a marketing tool. So you might be signed up w/ CellularONE, but your real provider might have been "Grandma owns a cell tower" Wireless. :p