Cellular or not?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ivanwi11iams, Sep 29, 2018.

1. DontGetTheCheese macrumors regular

So, I go into areas with cellular service, but it's pretty weak, a bar or two. My take is that cellular access is weaker on these things, which for me, seems like it would defeat the primary benefit?

Can anyone confirm this?

2. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

Cellular service on Verizon on my watch is usually spot on with my phone in areas where reception is really good-- but in areas where my phone is holding onto 1 bar, the watch will not get it.

I live in NJ though, so LTE around me is pretty much everywhere at full bars.. there's one or two areas around my apartment complex when I walk that the reception will fade out though.

3. DontGetTheCheese macrumors regular

This is the other problem I have with LTE. My prepaid plan is $40/mo and I barely come close to using up the data with all the wifi around. LTE would cost me around $35/$40 month to have because of the plan change required. T-Mobile and US Cellular might be different. I haven't been able to figure T-Mobile out from the website and US Cellular says they provide service where I live but the website won't provide information for my zip code.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2018 ---
    Thanks! That's the impression I had.

4. musicpenguy macrumors 68000

Haha yea I’m not quite sure what that is - perhaps MacRumors are skewed towards those that also LOVE their iPhones in a way that they wouldn’t want to leave the house without it? I wonder in the market at large if the cellular usage is actually more so than in the tech enthusiast market - I know for some like me push the cellular usage more than any “normal” user would.