Cellular T-Mobile Apple Watch 4 3 months free

vagos1103gr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
i have the Apple Watch 3 cellular and I activated the 3 months free promotion from t-mobile. I wonder if I am gonna buy the Apple Watch 4 and activated to t-mobile is gonna be free 3 first months?

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Great question. I’m in the same boat. Would be nice if they had that promotion again.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Just spoke to T-Mobile on Twitter and they confirmed the promotion will continue 3 months free as long as you purchase the watch from a non T-Mobile venue. In other words if you buy it from Apple you qualify for the deal.

Reactions: Tofupunch

Tofupunch

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2014
How much is it to add the  watch data plan on tmo after taxes? I have the gps version but was considering the LTE version. My next  watch might be the cellular version...if they bring down the monthly price a bit.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
How much is it to add the  watch data plan on tmo after taxes? I have the gps version but was considering the LTE version. My next  watch might be the cellular version...if they bring down the monthly price a bit.
$10 monthly with auto pay or $15 without autopay

Reactions: Tofupunch

Tofupunch

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2014
$10 monthly with auto pay or $15 without autopay
The tax doesn't increase with the additional device added to the bill? I thought I recall reading when it first came out that users were complaining about higher than anticipated phone bills, mainly due to tax increases.

Last edited:

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
The tax doesn't increase with the additional device added to the bill? I thought I recall reading when it first came out that users were complaining about higher than anticipated phone bills, mainly due to tax increases.
I was reading that on the other carriers, it adds up to ~$15. But for Tmo, its just $10 i believe.

ProphetX

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Just spoke to T-Mobile on Twitter and they confirmed the promotion will continue 3 months free as long as you purchase the watch from a non T-Mobile venue. In other words if you buy it from Apple you qualify for the deal.
I preordered 2 S4’s direct from tmobile and i have 3 months free on both lines. However i dont why you should be able to apple the add 1 lines get one free on 2 watch lines.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Nope not with T-Mobile. No added fees. I remember other carriers were adding taxes as usual but not with TMO

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I like the idea of having cellular service on my watch but I rarely am without my phone which provides a data feed to my watch like a cellular service would.

Also doesn’t Lte functionally kind of kill the battery?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.