Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I noticed the other day that cellular wasn't really working, though I should have had plenty of data on my T-Mobile plan (using the eSIM in my iPad).

Escalated it yesterday. Airplane mode on then off. It wouldn't show any cellular indications at the top of the screen (like an Wi-Fi model).

Cycled power more than 1 time. Didn't work.

I finally changed to the ATT SIM (with expired plan), and the ATT indicators showed up. Switched back, and it started working again on T-Mobile.

So some hiccup WRT the eSIM?

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
I noticed the other day that cellular wasn't really working, though I should have had plenty of data on my T-Mobile plan (using the eSIM in my iPad).

Escalated it yesterday. Airplane mode on then off. It wouldn't show any cellular indications at the top of the screen (like an Wi-Fi model).

I finally changed to the ATT SIM (with expired plan), and the ATT indicators showed up. Switched back, and it started working again on T-Mobile.

I’d call T-mobile and speak to technical support.

My iPad Pro 11” 1TB that I bought outright, did the same exact thing! I had been using pre-paid AT&T service on it for a few months. And then out of no where, I lost service. No antennas, no LTE, no nothing! It was working like a WiFi only model with no signs of cellular service.. I called AT&T, and I found out they blacklisted my IMEI.

It took a lot of work, and they finally removed it from the blacklist permanently.

Your symptoms sound just like mine.

I had no signs of cellular life on my AT&T carrier, I could pop in a sim from another carrier and see 3G symbol in the top right of the screen.

Call T-Mobile. It sounds like your IMEI is blocked.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts

Technical support is your best bet.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA

Did you look in to this any further? I’m curious about what was going on with your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.