Cencorship in Cloverfield-trailer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Reach, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Reach macrumors 6502a

2. 119576 Guest

So that you don't know it's a cameo appearance by Samuel L. Jackson.

...Shoot.

3. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    IIRC, the scene is exactly the same in the movie. It probably wouldn't give too much away to tell you that the "movie" is a government recovered tape of the events. Presumably, this is to give it the feel to the viewer that the government has given it the once-over.

4. Reach thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, that kinda makes sense. :) Guess I'll have to see the movie!

5. iAthena macrumors regular

6. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I thought it was great.

7. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I saw it last week and loved it. I got a bit dizzy since its filmed "amateur" style (there is one guy filming everything like a wedding film or stuff not specially mounted cameras) and everything was wobbling hehe but other than that I really enjoyed the movie. What really shocked me was how well they managed the "thing" I mean the suspense is great and you have to keep guessing and thinking all the time, a glimpse here, a little glance there is what kept me and my family very "into" the movie; nothing to unexpected since is directed by the same guy from Lost:D BTW its not censored in the movie, just in the trailer (at least the version I saw). Great movie, I recommend watching it ;) JAJA this is my second movie this year of something destroying NY city and Im going there for the first time to GYLC in a couple of months, funny thing:p

-Victor