Centennial EDGE

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JUNNEL20, Dec 23, 2008.

1. JUNNEL20 macrumors member

Can someone please give me directions on how to connect my Centennial'D iPhone on EDGE? It's unlocked and 2.2 firmware. I can make calls in and out, but I can't setup the APN info.

I've tried the settings:

APN: private.centennialwireless.com
    user: privuser
    pass: priv

It still keeps saying that I'm not connected. I have the $10 data plan as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Get rid of your data plan; it doesn't work. I have set up two iPhones on Centennial and was told both times that their data is incompatible with the iPhone.

3. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Fair enough -- but then again AT&T has (multiple times) assured me that MEdiaNet is incompatible with the iPhone...

I'd say it's worth a shot if they offer some form of PDA/generic smartphone EDGE service.

4. JUNNEL20 thread starter macrumors member

so is there a way for the iPhone to get online from Centennial?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Is this a case where they've lied and MediaNet is compatible? It's different here. Even with proper setup shepherded by a Centennial representative, it doesn't work.

Use... Wi-Fi?

6. JUNNEL20 thread starter macrumors member

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There doesn't seem to be a lot about this on the internet... I wonder why on earth their EDGE service would be incompatible?

FWIW, I guess using the user and p/w fields is a little different ... I've never heard of an APN actually needing a username or password before.