Center Text

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
1,029
0
I have a text box with one word in it on a square graphic box. I want to center this word within the graphic box.

Is there a way to do this without dragging it and looking at the x/y coordinates? I want it done perfectly.
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
oldschool said:
I have a text box with one word in it on a square graphic box. I want to center this word within the graphic box.

Is there a way to do this without dragging it and looking at the x/y coordinates? I want it done perfectly.
Ummm...in what software? Or is this a Cocoa UI? :D
 

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
1,029
0
mkrishnan said:
Ummm...in what software? Or is this a Cocoa UI? :D

hahaha i guess that could have helped huh?


its in Adobe Illustrator.
 

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
887
0
oldschool said:
its in Adobe Illustrator.
Make sure your text object is set to Paragraph:Centered.

Select both the text and box objects.

Make sure the Align palette is showing (Window:Align).

Click on the "Horizontal Align Center" icon (second from left, top row) in the Align palette and that will center the text within the box.
 

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
1,029
0
MontyZ said:
Make sure your text object is set to Paragraph:Centered.

Select both the text and box objects.

Make sure the Align palette is showing (Window:Align).

Click on the "Horizontal Align Center" icon (second from left, top row) in the Align palette and that will center the text within the box.
Thanks MontyZ...i hope someday if you need any help with something i'll be able to help you.
 

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
887
0
oldschool said:
Thanks MontyZ...i hope someday if you need any help with something i'll be able to help you.
You're welcome! Is Will Ferrell smoking something in your avatar?? :)
 

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
1,029
0
MontyZ said:
You're welcome! Is Will Ferrell smoking something in your avatar?? :)

I'm not sure...i dont' remember from the movie.


Someone else actually gave me this avatar when i got to the right post count.


Let's just pretend that he is smoking something, but its perfectly legal whatever it is that he's smoking.