Century gothic Font not on my new IMac?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by CyrusOz, Mar 20, 2009.

1. CyrusOz macrumors regular

I purchased a new iMac last week and was working my way through a document tonight and found that Century Gothic is not on my Imac... i read in numerous places on the net (including here) that this font should come standard on the Mac. My Mac came with Leopard pre-installed but I finally got a copy of the Leopard disks.... does this mean I have to install the fonts or something myself or what's going on?

Way confused?????

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have been misinformed. Century Gothic is not provided by Apple. It ships with Microsoft Office.

3. CyrusOz thread starter macrumors regular

that's a bummer, thanks for the correct advice though. I guess I have to find out how to install new fonts on the Mac.... i new how to do it on the PC but alas.... that won't help me i'm guessing.

Thanks for your feedback mate.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What's to find out? There are just three simple steps:
    1. Double-click the font file.
    2. Click Install Font.
    3. There is no Step 3. There is no Step 3!

5. CyrusOz thread starter macrumors regular

That's great news except that I can't find the font i want in Mac format, at least I can't find it for free.... some website kindly offered to take $60 off me for providing the Century gothic font in mac format :(

It's great to know that it is that easy (i'm a new mac user) but I'm still bummed that I can't find the font for free in mac format.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You don't need the Mac format. MacOS X fully supports PostScript and TrueType fonts in Windows format.

7. CyrusOz thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so oes that mean I use the same method you outlined above if i only have the windows version?

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes

9. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Century Gothic isn't a Mac standard font however you can easily install it via Fontbook etc... I believe if you install M$ Office it will install that font.

If not the full Futura fontpack is a pretty close match except for the "j".

10. chiquitabanana macrumors newbie

Have someone copy it from the Fonts file on a windows computer and send it to you. From there you only need to drag it into your Fonts file which is within System file. Easy as that!

11. Kac macrumors newbie

I have found a free download fonts.com_century-gothic.ttf