Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I purchased a new Imac last week and was working my way through a document tonight and found that Century Gothic is not on my Imac... i read in numerous places on the net (including here) that this font should come standard on the Mac. My Mac came with Leopard pre-installed but I finally got a copy of the Leopard disks.... does this mean I have to install the fonts or something myself or what's going on?

Way confused?????

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I ... found that Century Gothic is not on my Imac... i read in numerous places on the net (including here) that this font should come standard on the Mac. ...
You have been misinformed. Century Gothic is not provided by Apple. It ships with Microsoft Office.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
that's a bummer, thanks for the correct advice though. I guess I have to find out how to install new fonts on the Mac.... i new how to do it on the PC but alas.... that won't help me i'm guessing.

Thanks for your feedback mate.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
What's to find out? There are just three simple steps:
  1. Double-click the font file.
  2. Click Install Font.
  3. There is no Step 3. There is no Step 3!

That's great news except that I can't find the font i want in Mac format, at least I can't find it for free.... some website kindly offered to take $60 off me for providing the Century gothic font in mac format :(

It's great to know that it is that easy (i'm a new mac user) but I'm still bummed that I can't find the font for free in mac format.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
You don't need the Mac format. MacOS X fully supports PostScript and TrueType fonts in Windows format.

Ok so oes that mean I use the same method you outlined above if i only have the windows version?

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Century Gothic isn't a Mac standard font however you can easily install it via Fontbook etc... I believe if you install M$ Office it will install that font.

If not the full Futura fontpack is a pretty close match except for the "j".

chiquitabanana

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
Have someone copy it from the Fonts file on a windows computer and send it to you. From there you only need to drag it into your Fonts file which is within System file. Easy as that!

Kac

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
I purchased a new Imac last week and was working my way through a document tonight and found that Century Gothic is not on my Imac... i read in numerous places on the net (including here) that this font should come standard on the Mac. My Mac came with Leopard pre-installed but I finally got a copy of the Leopard disks.... does this mean I have to install the fonts or something myself or what's going on?

Way confused?????

I have found a free download fonts.com_century-gothic.ttf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.