Century Gothic font on iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ACKHUN, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ACKHUN macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    So I recently purchased an iMac for graphic design purposes, and I just discovered that Century Gothic is a Windows font that comes pre-installed. I can't seem to find the Century Gothic TTF file anywhere for free. I obviously don't wanna pay for a font! And these sites aren't just 10 dollars, they all range from 30-100 bucks. Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks for your help.
  2. ACKHUN thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    I've actually already seen that link, the thing is that it's actually not a TTF file.. it's a document that opens up in Text Edit or something? I can't install it via font book. But I'm still a newbie to my iMac, so does it work for you? And how did you install it?
  3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    Not sure what's not working for you; at the page linked above if I click "Download Here" I get a nice .ttf file that opens in FontBook if I double click it. Using Safari 4--maybe you've got another browser that's choking on a redirect or something?

Also, note that Century Gothic seems to be a not-free font that MS is licensing for Windows; this page links to a bunch of different places to buy legit copies for around $30:

4. ACKHUN thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    OH! Thanks! Yeah it was my browser, I've been using Firefox. But thanks for telling me that, because i wouldn't have guessed. You can close this thread if you'd like :p
  5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Jan 26, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Once downloaded and opened, this window should appear:
    Picture 1.png
    Just click Install and it should work.

In Text Edit:
    Picture 3.png

In Microsoft Word:
    Picture 4.png

Edit: I see you solved the problem just before this was posted.