Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
Hi everyone,

Basically I am having a dilemma regarding the above. I currently own the AW5 SS SB and was looking to get something different this time hence why I was leaning more towards the Product Red AW6 but have also come across the AW5 White Ceramic and the price is also good. Which one would you go for?

terryw1

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2018
phoenix
The red! Hands down. Killer color, series 6 with new features and sure to be limited in the future.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
The only thing that is stopping me is the fact that the aluminium watch has the x-ion display rather than the sapphire Crystal...

Reactions: dannys1

Mishabella

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2011
Cali
If you're going for something new after owning the SS I think the ion face is going to be a let down. S5 and S6 are so close in advances, unless you need to know your blood ox on a daily basis. I love my ceramic. ☺️❤️

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Honestly, I’d stick with your current S5. It’s not worth it to upgrade to a different casing of the same generation or to go from a S5 SS to a S6 aluminum. Either way you’re gaining very, very little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.