Cert & Sign & Suffer

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by zeppenwolf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. zeppenwolf macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2009
    With code signing on, Xcode 433 on Lion won't build because it won't recognize my certificate:

There's a cert named "Mac Developer: My RealName (XXHAFGESJK)" in my keychain. It's nowhere near expired, and it says "valid".

If I copy / paste the entire quoted name above there into Build Settings::Code Signing Identity::Other, it still gets the same error. The "Mac Developer" name appears in the "Automatic Profile (recommended)" part of the popup menu.

I've googled / read pdf's for a couple hours but nothing is really coming close.

What am I missing?
  2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

Nov 26, 2007
    Why not upgrade and use Xcode 5? Code signing got a lot easier with that version...
  3. zeppenwolf thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2009
    Well I want my little app to be back compatible to X.7, and so I want to compile/run/test there.

I got it to work finally, although I don't think I have anything to contribute to the knowledge base. My method was basically to go around in circles a million times.

But somehow I now have a single MyApp.xcodeproject file which compiles w/ code signing on OS 6, 7, 8 and 9. ( After I got it working on 7 I had to make a point-- show the MBP who's boss around here... )