Certain MP4s Won't Synch on Iphone - Can't Find Solution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccathcart609, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ccathcart609 macrumors newbie

OK, So I have done some extensive research in these forums and I cant seem to find a solution here. I have a handful of MP4 movies that will go into my Itunes Movie folder and even show up in my synch movies section, but I check them and after the snych they dont show up on my Iphone. I do not receive any warnings or errors. Everything works fine expect for the fact that they dont show up on my Iphone. Other Movies work just fine. Anyway, I have tried using the Itunes convert feature, but when it finishes all I receive is white screen with the audio.

Any suggestions? The other thing I thought is maybe there is something about these files attributes that may be off. Hanbrake wont allow an MP4 as a source so I can convert to the right MP4. I cant find any freeware that will just allow me to convert an MP4 to the right MP4.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

sometimes the forums have the answers, sometimes they don't.

Sometimes it's Google.

3. ccathcart609 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried searching all over google with no luck. The specific format that one of these movies that isnt working is in is:

AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 KHz, H.264, 320X240, Millions

4. ccathcart609 thread starter macrumors newbie

One thing I did notice is that when I show the Movie Properties, for the ones that work it shows the same above formatting, but at the very begninning it says, "MPEG-4 Video".

So for example here the movie that doesnt work (but is still a .MP4 extension):

AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 KHz, H.264, 320X240, Millions

Here is a movie that does work

MPEG-4 Video, AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 KHz, H.264, 320X240, Millions

5. ccathcart609 thread starter macrumors newbie

nevermind, because I have another movie that does synch and doesnt show that "MPEG-4 Video" at the beginning...back to square 1

6. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

Have you tried to simply right click on the videos that don't sync and select convert to iphone and then resync them?

7. kheovnien macrumors member

i use 3gp converter and it works everytime. it's free too.

8. heya macrumors member

Use the latest version of OJOSoft Total Video Converter and convert the videos into the proper iPhone mp4 format and you'll be fine. Sometimes some mp4 doesn't support iPhone for some reason.

9. djuarez03 macrumors regular

This is what I did and it fixed my problems. I'm sure if you do the same, they will sync.

10. jacksam101 macrumors member

I had this problem and used the free "iSquint" application - after using this the videos play fine on the iPhone

11. ccathcart609 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to just follow up because a lot of times the original posters never let everyone know how things went...Well..

3GP worked perfect and it was free!! It let me use my original MP4 as a source file and the output was another MP4, but in the correct Iphone settings. Nowit syncs perfect!!!

OJOSoft Total Video Converter also worked but I only download the free version which only game me the first 20% of the film. However the results also allowed me to sync the movie so if you were to pay the 29.95 you would also be ok.

Finally the Isquint would not work for me because I have a PC and not a MAC.

This forum has been most helpful. Thank you all!!!

12. heya macrumors member

You're welcome and thanks for letting us know the outcome.