Certain webpages take forever to load on 10.5.8

Discussion in 'macOS' started by redhawk87, Dec 23, 2012.

1. redhawk87, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

redhawk87 macrumors regular

I have a PowerPC iBook G4 running Mac OS 10.5.8 and certain websites such as Google, Facebook, Gmail, Bing, etc. take forever to load. Like the homepage to google takes a good 20 seconds to load. Other sites like Gizmodo or Macrumors take a second or two to load. I have tried loading the pages on Safari 5.0.6 and also Firefox (version 3.6?) and get the same results. Everything is up-to-date. I dont know if this is just a problem because I have out-of-date web browsers or what. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Also, this is my mothers computer and we are on vacation. She says she can usually go to google just fine, its just here that the websites are acting up.

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

You'll get better luck if this is in the PowerPC Macs forum. As for browsers, there are plenty that are optimized for PowerPC Macs. You can try out Leopard Webkit if you like Safari, or AuroraFox if you like Firefox. There are plenty of other options.
    A note about Leopard Webkit: Do not use the install system wide option; it's currently broken.

3. redhawk87 thread starter macrumors regular

oh ok, I did not see the forum at first. Is there a way to migrate my post over to that forum or do I just need to repost?

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try those out and see if they make a difference.

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I have asked for the thread to be moved, you can ask for it to be moved as well by clicking the image that looks like [​IMG]

As for browsers, there are plenty of choices right now, and a lot of the people in the PowerPC Macs forums have different browser preferences than I do, so you will have the benefit of multiple opinions.

I wouldn't repost.