Certain YouTube channels not showing up

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cynics, Dec 3, 2013.

1. cynics macrumors G4

Is anyone else having this issue? Certain (not all) channels I'm subscribed to are in lack of better terms not showing up.

Here is a pic.

[​IMG]

That's just a pic of the TV sorry about quality but as you can see where it would normally show videos there is nothing. Load more does not do anything beside pretend it's showing the next set of videos but it's not.

This isn't all channels I'm subscribed too. About 50% (25-30 channels). I can still search and play videos from these channels I'm subscribed too. Only my AppleTV is effected, channels show up fine on my iPhone, computer, etc.

Only thing I've tried is resetting the AppleTV3.

Anyone else having this issue? Possible solutions?

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

you can set your videos to not play on mobile devices or only play on computers

3. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

They will play fine everywhere just under my subscriptions on the ATV no videos show up on certain channels.

Little bit more so you guys know why this is an issue. I got rid of cable and went all AppleTV. So I utilize it a lot maybe more or in different ways them some people. What I've done is subscribe to certain channels (science, outdoor gear, etc). These channels are updated frequently (weekly or more) so in my down time I'll watch the new videos of the channels I'm subscribed too. Now about half of them don't show up.

There are work arounds like AirPlay from my iPhone but that's not as convenient or the way it's supposed to work. First world problems I know but a problem none the less.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

I meant the video owners can do that when uploading to YouTube. Especially the ones with paid YouTube accounts

5. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Really?!? That sucks if that were the case! But I guess that would make sense since there are no ads on AppleTV! :(

Is this something new? It just started 2 days ago all at once.

6. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Update. I notice as the channel owners update with new videos I can see them, but only the new videos.

7. alent1234 macrumors 603

probably depends on the video owner. i have a paid youtube account and it gives me a choice in who can play the video and one which devices.

but i rarely upload so i wouldn't know. lots of other people use it as a business and google shares advertising revenue with them